YouOwn in a nutshell.
Co-ownership is an easy and exciting option for first home buyers where YouOwn partners with you to purchase a home. It gets you a foot on the property ladder and the confidence of your own roof over your head, without the stresses of renting or anxiety as house prices continue to rise.
How does it work?
You buy a portion of the property you can afford now, and YouOwn helps with the rest. You pay a charge on their portion and after five years, you can buy their share when you are able to. With YouOwn’s help it really is possible to step into your own home today and create the future of your dreams.
Are you eligible?
With a deposit of just 5% it may be possible to own your own home with YouOwn. As long as you are able to service a mortgage of around $500,000+, which means a combined household income of around $110,000, the numbers should stack up. You must be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident, have a clean credit history with little or no debt, and be buying the property to live in.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR YOUOWN
- Combined household income of $110,000+
- Deposit from savings and/or KiwiSaver of at least 5% of the purchase price.
- Be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have a clean credit history.
- Little or no debt (less than $5,000)
- Comfortable with repayments on a mortgage of $500,000 or greater (we can help you determine if you are able to should you decide to proceed with the opportunity).
- Be buying the property to live in.
HELP US FIND YOUR IDEAL YOUOWN HOME
In order to best help you along the process, please also complete the YouOwn application below so we can assess your suitability for co-ownership.